cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Intelligent Fasteners for Creo 2.0

DineshkumarP
6-Contributor

Intelligent Fasteners for Creo 2.0

Hello,

Please let me know, if there is a same option such as Intelligent Fasteners in Creo 2.0 . If yes, please let me know how to activate that module.

Also, is there a method to Extract Fasteners details of a assembly, without assembling the Fasteners in the assembly. For Example based on the Type of hole sizes in the Model.

3 REPLIES 3

Intelligent Fasteners is in Creo 2, but it is not free. With Creo3, PTC included a limited version of IF. The free version does not allow you to make changes to the parts, no name change, attribute changes, etc.

A limited free version of IFX is included in Creo since version 3.0.

Before this you have to purchase the module Advanced Framework Extension which includes the Intelligent Fastener package.

In all Creo Design Packages a full version of IFX is included for free.

It is also possible to order IFX as standalone version directly from buw-soft.de or from a reseller of your choise.

As far as I know it is not possible to extract the fastener details without assemble the fasteners. In IFX there is an option where you can suppress the fasteners directly after assemble it. Then you can work like there are no fasteners available. If you then need the fastener information, you can resume all fasteners in one step (there is a command for suppress/resume in IFX) and output your fastener details. After this you can suppress the fasteners again.

Regards,
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Thanks for the Information.

Regards,

Baala

Top Tags