cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Intralink 3.4

ptc-169947
1-Newbie

Intralink 3.4

Hi all,

For anyone still on Intralink 3.4
Ever see this error message? And if so, what does it mean and how to correct?
Appeared after a server was relocated.

Thanks,
Stefan

[cid:image001.png@01CE4907.27475CB0]

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Stefan!

Uh-Oh! It seems that you are experiencing the Dreaded (and inscrutable) "Oracle Cannot Connect to Server" error... I used to get this on Intralink 3.4 client machines (with both build M030 and M070) occasionally. I never was able to track down the source of the error - my fix was to have the user reboot & I seem to recall this always worked.

Another possibility that occurs to me is the clinet "tnsnames.ora" file may still be referencing the original server. I don't have an Intralink 3.4 client installation to look at anymore - but I think I have the name correct, and the file should be located in the "proiclient" installation folder, I believe...

Here are a couple of useful (?) links that might also help:

http://www.mcadcentral.com/creo-tips-tricks-intralink/6901-pro-intralink-3-4-error-when-logging-n.html

http://www.mcadcentral.com/creo-data-management/7731-oracle-c-nnect-failed-3-4-m011.html

Finally, check TPI #124157& #103537 on the PTC tech support site for info related to this error - but again I never found the source of the error.

Good Luck!

Mark Kelley

In Reply to Stefan Mueller:

Hi all,

For anyone still on Intralink 3.4
Ever see this error message? And if so, what does it mean and how to correct?
Appeared after a server was relocated.

Thanks,
Stefan

[cid:image001.png@01CE4907.27475CB0]

You should probably check your client installs and change to the new
server. Or maybe your old server is kicking out the new one with the same
server name? Its most probably the clients.

look in ~install location\proiclient3.4 for a file called tns names.ora.
If you change it to the new location you don't have to do anything else.

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 8:37 PM, Mueller, Stefan <-<br/>> wrote:

> Hi all,****
>
> ** **
>
> For anyone still on Intralink 3.4****
>
> Ever see this error message? And if so, what does it mean and how to
> correct?****
>
> Appeared after a server was relocated.****
>