cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Is it possible to expand appearance library?

ChristianSmith
1-Newbie

Is it possible to expand appearance library?

There are very few appearances in wildfire 5.0. Does anybody know if you can download more (i.e. different metals or textures)?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

If you can;t find something on the internet, and nobody want's to give you one, you can create your own appearances, and save the file for re-use later. Also, you can assign an appearance to different materials in your material library, so a black-oxide bolt and a brass bolt look like they should. That's a little buggy in WF3, I think works better in WF4, and don't use WF5 so I can;t speak for that.

Good luck.

pwyndham
3-Visitor
(To:CM10)

Here is my appearance file. I have the file divided up into color groups. Pro/E does it alphabetically by name, so I add a 01_ and so forth to the front of the color name to get the greys together.

Forgot to say: put the file in your startin directory, or maybe in your loadpoint\text directory.

pwyndham
3-Visitor

I have had good success with colors in WF3 and WF4. In WF5 the colors take a really long time to load. They don't load until you open the colors the first time per session. Then, it takes about 1 second per color. I put in a call for this# C7294926. PTC has created an SPR to look into this more # 1870144. Hopefully they come up with a resolution soon. I really like a lot of the enhancements they made to the colors interface in WF5.

Which build of WF5 are you using. I am currently testing WF5 for our production here, and have loaded some of the .dmt files here, and haven't seen the issue on my end. I am running M040 currently. Just thought that I would check.

Thanks,

Greg

I am using M050. It did the same thing will all previous versions of WF5. Are you using 32 or 64bit? I just checked on my 32bit system and that does not make a difference.

You loaded my appearance.dmt file and it did not update the colors one at a time? So, you end up with a screen like the one below as the colors come in one by one?

colors.jpg

MGortner
1-Newbie

I attached a pantone dmt file and another one with transparencies that I found on PTC-User.

Christian,

Here is a technique that will quickly give you a nice palette of many different compatible colors. [This technique works in WF 3.0; don't know if the technique is much different in 4.0 or 5.0.] Go to View/Color and Appearance, pick <ref_color1> or any other color and use a "+" to start a new color. Pick the color patch defining the color, pick HSV (Hue-Saturation-Value), and pick the arrow to display the Color Wheel. Adjust S & V to your liking, then set H to 0.0. (You can slide the H handle back and forth to test your S-V combination before setting it to 0.0) Save that color and name it Hue-0. Copy that color, change H from 0.0 to 10.0, save and name it Hue-10. Continue until you have 36 compatible colors, enough for most assemblies.

David

Here is a pretty good color library for WF 5.0

John

All of these are great, I guess I wasn't too specific with my original question. What I mean isn't necessarily the colors and messing with tints, and shading and such. More specifically I wanted to know if PTC provided more appearances (maybe I'm using the wrong term), maybe the correct word is textures. (i.e. wood, fabric, rocks, carpet....). Is it possible to get more of those types of appearances?

Yes Christian it is possible check this Creo ARX appearances library

Top Tags