cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Is there way to 'find and replace' the instance names of shared parts? I can change the model name and it changes all, but do I have to change each individual shared instance?

lbenjamin
3-Visitor

Is there way to 'find and replace' the instance names of shared parts? I can change the model name and it changes all, but do I have to change each individual shared instance?

I have 95 instances of a part that I would like to rename. I really don't want to have to rename each one... Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was finally able to figure out how to load the .lsp files you suggested and the 'rename shared' did the trick - fast and easy!

Thank you so much

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Hilfeseite SolidDesigner - 3D-Lisp-Programme

Mike

I was finally able to figure out how to load the .lsp files you suggested and the 'rename shared' did the trick - fast and easy!

Thank you so much

Congratulations!

And thanks to Mike for the hint.

Frankly, I didn't dare to suggest you visit a website with German contents - but this was actually the piece of "custom LISP" you where looking for.

The model name is a property of the *contents* which exists only once - therefore all instances are affected by the change of the model name.

Opposed to this, all properties of a instance are unique to the instance only - renaming one instance does not affect the others.

Through the SolidDesigner I-KIT (LISP interface) all instances (=shares) can be inquired - and renamed.

However, this requires some programming.

Also, you need to take care of having several instances within a single context (=assembly) - these instances *must* have different names.

Top Tags