cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Isolating Geometry Creating Exploded Views

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Isolating Geometry Creating Exploded Views

Greetings,

I have a large assembly. I want to show exploded views with only certain parts. In the past the only way to do this and have it report to my bom, was to use blank in the views. Simplified reps will not share the same bom. This is going to be cumbersome this go around. Maybe there is something new in Creo I am simply unaware of. How do you all handle this situation?

Ver. Creo 4.0 M020

Thanks,

Wayne

3 REPLIES 3

I suggest you put all the components that you don't want seen on a layer, then hide that layer in the drawing's exploded view.

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:pausob)

Pausob,

Sorry for the delayed response.

This is a very good idea. If I had and assembly that was smaller, that would work well - I suppose. It would be a bear to do on mine.

Blanking is somewhat painful/painless.

But I am considering another method. I can explode the main assembly into clusters and then bring in view using partial view in the particular areas. Then use blanking sparingly.

It's a work in progress.

Wayne

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:wfalco)

So...what I am doing...is exploding what I don't want into space then creating a partial view and using blanking sparingly.

Top Tags