cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Issue when redefining a hole dia.

MichaelDouglas
8-Gravel

Issue when redefining a hole dia.

is there a way to make dreo not change axis id or surface id when you redefine a hole? I do not remember having this issue with Wildfire. What i have found is that if you move a hole it chages the axis id and my assembly falls apart. it does the same thing if you change the diameter of a hole.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Well, M030 didnt fix this. This is a very anoying problem. I just changed the depth of a counterbored hole and now all 45 bolts need redefined,

I wonder what may be wrong... I just moved a hole from one face to another and the axis remained A-3.

(Creo 2.0 M030)

if you notice the Dim in a different color are a result from a hole being altered, Either relocated or diameter changed. You have to go back and delete these dim and redo the drawing. In the model there is a flange inserted into the hole that has to also be redefined.

Thoughts?

I can not reproduce this problem. Certainly worth a customer service ticket, no doubt, but this might be a "way of working" issue.

I'm sure I will run into this at some point, so I appreciate your posting this.

Just to clarify, are thos assembly dimensions in the model, maybe in a distance contraint, or are they drawing dimensions? Are they tied to the hole's cylinder/edge or the axis?

Top Tags