cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Issue while importing .pvz file into Parametric

QD_9872152
4-Participant

Issue while importing .pvz file into Parametric

Hello everyone,

I work with Creo Parametric 8, and I am facing some issues with .pvz files. When I open these files in Creo View Express 9, assemblies are ok, but when I import them in Parametric, some of the parts of the assemblies are not the right ones, replaced but others or just incoherent. I don't understand why. I tried a lot of ways to open these files, as created an .asm file and then add the .pvz, and I tried to change the options when importing.

To give a example (as I can't show images for confidentiality reasons), on Creo View a sub-assembly composed of a belt and a tank shows when imported into Parametric a part of the belt replaced by the tank. This is why my supposition was that some parts are replaced but other parts.

I searched for conflicts in the names but didn't find links. An other question I had was if there was conflicts with temporary files or assemblies I imported earlier.

I hope I was clear enough to expose my problem. I would appreciate if you faced this problem and have a solution or just I you have some leads to explore.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

I don't have any insight into this, but I'm curious - what's the use case for opening .pvz files in Creo Parametric? If a user has full Creo, why not just open the Creo files? Is it a performance thing?

Hello,

Previous versions of Creo did open .pvz files but for some reason it doesn't work with Creo 8.

If somebody has a solution, please let us know.

Top Tags