cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Labeling in reverse

ptc-593619
1-Newbie

Labeling in reverse

Fellow Users,
I have been using Published geom and copy geom for some time with our models. I make a master model using it to cut out the front and back of the two molds. The master contains graphics which are put on by flatten sheet, making the sketches, extruding them and using solid bend to wrap them back around the master. It is then a simple job to Publish, copy geom, solidify and cut out giving a reverse effect in the mold. Because ProE treats a circle as two halves (semi-circles) it has not been too difficult.
Now, management want to see the graphics carried out on ONE flattened sheet of the whole 360° revolution. Is their even a way to do this? I imagine that it would be similar to a label wrap on a bottle but as I have never done anything to do with labeling I'm hoping that someone out there knows how, hence the subject title.

I'm using WF3.0 build M160 FWIW

Thanks,
Richard A. Black
Lead Design Engineer
Eaton Corporation
440 Murray Hill Road
Southern Pines
NC 28387 USA

tel: 910 695 2905
fax: 910 695 2901
-
www.eaton.com

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags