cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Large cad data testing in creo 3.0

SandeepKadam07
13-Aquamarine

Large cad data testing in creo 3.0

Hi,

I have tested large vehicle cad data in creo parametric 3.0 M110 datecode. It took almost 25 to 30 % more time as compared to Creo parametric 2.0 M080.

Does anyone compared Creo 2.0 to Creo 3.0 with same scenario. What are your findings?

We are in the process to move from Creo 2.0 to Creo 3.0. Please give your valuable comments on this concern

Regards,

Sandeep

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Sandeep,

I have tested the same scenario with WF 4.0 to Creo 3.0. Assembly having some 6000 to 8000 parts.

Due to version update, All the parts and assemblies should be saved in higher version first.

Then opening the main assembly will surely improve the performance.

in our case the assembly which was able to open in 3 to 4 minutes in WF4.0 took initially around 10 minutes to load in Creo 3.0.

then we tried to save all the backup with Creo 3.0. Then the loading time reduces to 50%.

Still due to system configuration which supports WF 4.0 (which uses less graphics) needs to be upgraded to higher configuration (Good graphics required for Creo 3.0).

Finally we reached nearly 2 minute load time for same assembly.

System configuration was the main parameter in our case.

This is something we have tested for implementing Creo 3.0.

So ultimately solution is as under:-

1) Save all older version files first in Creo 3.0 and then again try to open it in Creo 3.0. Surely will get result.

2) (If the above didn't work) try updating the system if you really have the old system. otherwise the first point will solve the issue as per my experience.

Regards,

Jimmy

Dear Jimmy,

Thanks for your valuable answer. I opened creo 2.0 data in creo 3.0 and took backup, but yet I didn't find any change in opening time.

As you mentioned about system up-gradation in your answer, I am checking this on the system as per creo 3.0 system configuration requirement.

I had a doubt that this issue may be data specific, So I registered a case to PTC support.  I just wanted if anyone has a test report which states about creo 3.0 for productivity.

Anyway, your answer is quite helpful to get an idea about the possible reasons of my issue.

Regrads

Sandeep

No test report available regarding improvements in this area...that's strange...

vzak
6-Contributor
(To:SandeepKadam07)

Hello Sandeep,

What you describe should be classified as a bug, please let know tech support response.

There can be quite moderate performance impact on same data on newer version, but 25-30% is far beyond this reasonable threshold.

Re saving data on a newer version can sometimes improve retrieval performance, however mentioned numbers are too high with or without re-saving.

Regards

- Vlad

Top Tags