cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Layer Rules

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Layer Rules

In our drawing templates, the person that set them up put layer rules in place along with states. If a parameter is defined as being one of the states, it would change the layer for a note above the title block when regenerated. The parameter is controlled by a restricted external file.

We have been asked to add a new classification to the drawings. I have the state defined, the parameter file changed and the symbols on that new layer. What I can't figure out is how to turn the other symbol layers off when the new layer is activated. Also, how to turn the new layer off when another layer is activated. In the layer tree, I show the layer has rules. In the layer properties, the symbols for then existing layers have a rule icon, but my new layer doesn't.

Can anyone provide some help so I can finish this task? I am documenting the process in case I have to do it again.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Creo 2.0, M080 (But the following applies to WF, M220 as well)

I have in my rule based layers a layer (00_IMPORT) that gathers import features. The rules are:

[cid:image001.png@01CFD7E3.4DCDBA70]

Note that it only looks for features. It works well, all my copy geom & merge features end up on that layer.

However, if I build an assy with sub assys and with dedicated skeletons at the sub assy level, I start to get quilts and other entities on that layer in the parts in the sub assy. The quilts in particular cause problems.

For example, I create a quilt in the main skeleton A and publish it to sub-assy skeleton B. In skeleton B the copy geom ends up on my layer. I then publish that quilt to part C. In part C the copy geom and the quilt end up on the layer. Because the quilts don't follow the same rules as features and entities, I cannot show anything without getting the quilts too.

How do I stop these quilts (& other entities) from showing up?

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags