cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Layer problems

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Layer problems

Hi all,

why do i always have such problems with layers in drawing mode? I have a part with a few additional layers. I have added various curves to these layers, & when i hide or unhide the layers the curves disappear or re-appear as they should, all good so far. The problems arise when i try to hide or unhide the same layers in drawings mode. Half the time they just do not behave in the same way as the model. Often when i go to the layer tree, to view what is on the layer i see "feature not found in part model", but if i open the part up, all is ok. I have the setting "ignore display status of layers in model" ticked, so my drawing views can be independent of the model display. When i hide a layer on the part, the layer icon turns grey, indicating that it is hidden, this does not happen in my drawing, i can hide the layer, it does not turn grey & the unhide remains greyed out. I have never had any formal training with regards layers, so perhaps there is something i am missing or consistently doing wrong. I should add the part is a family table instance with a simplified rep throw in for good measure. I am using Creo 2. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

bit same problem happens sometimes with me also, I have chosen the option to create skeleton model and place all curves in there ane make some simplified representation. These method always work good.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:John.Pryal)

I posted about the serious layer issues I was encountering when using Top-Down Design. There are some funny layer behavoirs, especially is you use "rules-based" layers as we do.

PTC REALLY needs to fix these kinds of serious issues instead of giving us "ribbons".

Hello,

I've got the same problem on Creo 2.0. Can't hide anything on drawing using layers (quilts, sketches, curves, etc.). If I hide these entities using layers on model level, then they show up after the drawing is loaded up.

I always have to hide whole features in the model then the stuff is finally gone. That means avoiding the use of layers whatsoever.

Annoying thing on this is that it takes out the possibility to hide items on layers defined by rule. Everything needs to be hidden manually.

It does make some sense. Since you are using a family table and a simplified rep a feature on the layer you are trying to hide can't be hidden since it's not part of the model, you've excluded it using the family table or the simplified rep is my thought.

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:Kevin)

Thank you for the replies. Kevin, i see what you are saying, but these features (projected text) are not excluded by family table or simplified rep, they are present in all instances. What i have come to realize is that there is some very peculiar layer behaviour (as Frank mentioned) where patterned features are concerned. The job in question had a company logo wrapped onto a cylinder, and was then patterned around an axis to give me 4 equally spaced logos. I then created 2 layers A & B, & added 2 logos to one layer & the other 2, to the other layer. Everything seems ok at this point, i hide the layers, unhide them, no problems, but something happens when i validate the family table, the layers become all messed up, all 4 logos end up on one layer, but bits of them, its all very weird.

John

Are you using a rule? I'm using Creo 2 so I can't actually reproduce the problem.

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:Kevin)

Hi Kevin,

no rules, just simple layers.

John

Top Tags