cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

M100 Build Time Testing - Calling for Objects on the fly.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

M100 Build Time Testing - Calling for Objects on the fly.

I'm wondering if anybody performs time testing in their evaluations when upgrading builds of Creo Parametric for opening assemblies.

I'm specifically looking for examples where Creo Parametric is connected to Windchill and starting with an empty workspace - Open Master Rep of a 100+ object assembly.

Are you seeing improvements in times with newer builds being released?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Bill,

We are currently testing it (primarily because IE support is enabled again). Once we test your use case, I will report back. No issues have been found as of yet.

Pavel

As a quick update, one of my engineers tried this exact method, and said that there was no improvement or downgrade from the time perspective. We compared this to our current M060 build of Creo 2.0.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:BillRyan)

Thanks Pavel,

We've tested two datasets - one represents a baseline assembly we've been using for years with files as old as 1998 being pulled in. The second dataset released this month contains data created or modified in WF5 as the latest version. I've pretty well given up on PTC trying to improve performancewith the old dataset...so I moved to the newer dataset to make a comparison.Bothdatasets provide disappointing results in M100.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:BillRyan)

Pavel,

What version of Windchill are you comparing against? We did comparisons offline and connected to Windchill. The results tell me that M100 is faster than M070 when not connected. But when communicating with Windchill, the times are slower. I'm wondering if WC10.1 M040 or newer is the solution?

Bill Ryan

Peterbilt Motors Company

Top Tags