cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Machine stop UDF

kgabris
1-Newbie

Machine stop UDF

Is there a way I can create a UDF that will send the machine home? I have a part that I have to flip and I would like to do it all in one program and I can't figure out how to send the machine to its home location.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:kgabris)

The way I've done this is to customize the sequence and add the necessary CL commands to either the end of the last pre-flip sequence, or the beginning of the first sequence I want to run after the flip. You start with the "Customize" selection. It shows you the Tool Motions. Pick a spot where you want to put your CL commands, then scroll down the list of items to the "CL Command" one, and have at it. It's kind of clunky, but it does the job. Much better than manually editing the NC code, for sure.

slolli
7-Bedrock
(To:kgabris)

Could also just create an Auxiliary nc sequence and enter the HOME cl command.

The preferred Post Command would be GOHOME.  This will send the tool to the home location defined in the Option File in rapid.  If you need something else to happen for GOHOME you can use FIL,for example to output G0 G91 G28 Z0.

Fred

Top Tags