cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Map Key not Loading And Diffrent Drawing Properties

SANTOSHKAPLAPUR
1-Newbie

Map Key not Loading And Diffrent Drawing Properties

I have Two Questions

1.I have set lot of map keys And I have saved in Config.pro file and this files location directory is same as start up directory

but when i change working directory it automatically chanes config.pro options so every time i have to load the config.pro file

is thier any way through which i need not to load config .pro file evry time i sart up the pro-e or change the working directory

2.is it possible to have two diffrent .dtl file setting in drawing becos i made an assembly drawing which is in A3 sheet but for the sub parts i am using A4 sheet now the problem is i need two diffrent dimension style (text height and Arrow ) in same drawing can somebody have a solution for this ?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1. Put your config.pro in your "text" directory. (C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M080\text).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

1. Put your config.pro in your "text" directory. (C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M080\text).

1) See http://communities.ptc.com/thread/32643

Any option that is in a config.pro file will be replaced with the setting for the same option in a config.pro file that is read later.

If the loadpoint/text/config.pro has mapkey pp and startup directory/config.pro has mapkey pp then the definition in the startup directory for pp will be the one Pro/E uses.

2) drawing .dtl settings are not available on a sheet-by-sheet basis. While it seems like that would be nice sometimes, imagine the difficulty of managing all the various options on each sheet of a dozen sheet drawing.

The .dtl dimension text size setting just sets the default - you can change the dimension text size after the dimension is created.

Hello David I change the dimension drawing Not A big Problem But The Arrow Size Remains The Same Throught All the sheets how to change this one any Ideaa

Arrow size is not governed by text size. In your Detail.dtl options, search "arrow". You can set their width and length. You can also change the section arrows independently from leader arrows.

Hello Antonius Dirriwachter thank you for replying my query is i can change the arrow height and width in .dtl option but i want diffrent size of arrow in single drawing (like i have in assembly drawing in A3sheet and and sub parts drawing in A4 sheet in same drawing )

Many of us have wanted this but it is not how Creo works. A "per sheet" detail.dtl option would be terrific. Maybe you can create the idea in the Ideas section and get some traction for Creo 3.0.

Top Tags