cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Mapkey to search for a param, change type and add data

jhengel
1-Newbie

Mapkey to search for a param, change type and add data

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'd like to create a mapkey to search for a part number within an assembly, change a parameter property type to Integer and then ask for a value to fill in the Integer.
I'm using Wildfire4 by the way...

Thanks!!!

John Hengel

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

You can't change the type of a parameter after it's created. Once it's set to string, or some other type, you can't change it.

David Haigh

You could do this task through one of the programming toolkits. Like
Pro/TOOLKIT or J-Link.

Bob Monat
Jerand Technical Services, Inc.

Bob Monat
Jerand Technical Services, Inc.
bob@jerand.com
www.jerand.com
1-317-875-6087

nuheht
1-Newbie
(To:jhengel)

I do something very similar to that, however I created a trail file to accomplish removing parameters, adding parameters, and the trail file ends leaving the parameter window open so I can enter text as needed.

>

I do something like that with component parameters, with a JLink program. I search for a parameter, read the value, delete it and recreate it as integer, then designate it.

Best regards

Daniel

Enviado desde mi iPhone

> El 17/12/2013, a las 18:00, John F Hengel <-> escribió:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I'm hoping someone can help me. I'd like to create a mapkey to search for a part number within an assembly, change a parameter property type to Integer and then ask for a value to fill in the Integer.
> I'm using Wildfire4 by the way...
>
> Thanks!!!
>
> John Hengel
>
>
> Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Start new thread via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription
>
> Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:
>
Top Tags