cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Max Word document file size?

cmarquardt
6-Contributor

Max Word document file size?

Has anyone had any experience with Word documents that are, presumably, unable to publish to PDF due to file size?  There have been multiple times where I encountered documents that are not publishing; and after some investigating, I am still unsure of why they will not publish.  However, the trend I am noticing is that usually when I cannot find a cause, they are also very large documents.  I think it is somewhere in the ballpark of 100mb where I notice the issue.

Something to note: MS Word actually has a hard limit itself at 512mb (and yes, we have hit that limit before).  Really, the only way you get to 100mb+ in a word document is if you have a whole mess of pictures or scanned documents inserted into the document.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks!

Colten

For reference: Office Document CADWorker is currently using Creoview Adapters 2 M040

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Colten,

is this reproducible, i.e. if a document fails, it always fails and not just intermittently?

If yes, it is probably best, when you open a case with PTC TS providing an example document (usually there is no documented limit in such cases so someone will have to reproduce it).

If the issue happens only sometimes for the same documents, then it will be more difficult. Such random issues rather point to some performance/timeout issues which might depend on the current workload of computer, network, etc...

Regards,

Gunter

cmarquardt
6-Contributor
(To:gkoch)

It is completely reproducible, I started a case at the same time as I made this thread.  It took some convincing to get tech support to believe me, but once I proved it was reproducible and they took my question seriously, they found there is already an SPR out there that sounds similar.  The TSE was cryptic, at best, when I tried to verify that my version of CreoView adapters even applied to this SPR (the SPR was against Creo 3 Adapters M010-M020, and I am using Creo 2 adapters M040).

Still, I am going through the efforts of testing the latest Creo 3 Adapters (M032) to see if this issue is resolved at that datecode.  I am just trying to figure out right now how (and if I can) set up LiveCycle on two separate servers.  Unfortunately nothing was well documented on what sort of license we have, and we have always treated our Office worker as the Rube Goldberg it-works-dont-mess-with-it machine, so nobody knows anything about it.  So, it has been a slow process to try and test.

Top Tags