cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Mechanism servo motor amplitude

BertilRogmark
6-Contributor

Mechanism servo motor amplitude

I have an assembly containing a number of instances of a sub-assembly.

The sub-assemblies each have a moving component and the required connections and servo motors have been defined.

My problem is that the moving components are supposed to move different distances depending on the sub-assembly in question.

The servo motor in each instance runs for 10 seconds and the different movements is a result of different amplitudes (velocities in degrees/second) defined for each distance's servo motor.

This works fine until I save and re-open the main assembly - all subassembly servo motors have then changed to have the same amplitude as the generic.

I am looking for a way to assign the servo motor amplitude by means of a parameter which I then could include in the sub-assembly family table.

Is this possible?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry,

lost one video in cuberspace

Video Link : 7171

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sometimes I think the motors do what they want rather than what I told them to do.

If you need to sync motors, you might consider gear connections.  This will allow ratios to a master motor.

I do a lot of user defined servo motors.  This gives me the freedom to specify the time domain.

If you have a similar problem when you specifically define the motion curve, I would submit a support case.

Heck, file a support case anyway, and PTC will tell what is wrong.

I have tried every way I can think of and I am now convinced that, if you have Mechanism Design and not Mechanism Analysis, there is no way you can pass mechansim parameters such as start position for various instances' servo motors via a family table.

I found a work-around by deleting the family table once the instances were placed in the assembly and thereby created subassemblies with no relation to one another.

The 2 videos show the result, one from inside the hull showing the mechanics, one from outside.

Video Link : 7170

Sorry,

lost one video in cuberspace

Video Link : 7171

Top Tags