cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Model Check or Not to Model Check

mdavis-2
1-Newbie

Model Check or Not to Model Check

I'm at a site that has been using Pro/E for many years and has ~400,000 vaulted Pro/E CAD files; however, ModelCheck has never been implemented.

As CAD Administrator, I am ultimately responsible for the usability of this data.

Should I:

1) Work feverishly night and day until MC is fully implemented.

2) Fuhgeddaboudit as MC is just some fancy schmancy marketing ploy PTC uses to promote their products and services.

3) RUN!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

This should be a poll.. I'd say RUN!

This is a lose/lose proposition.

Either you get consistent data and miffed engineers or you get garbage data and happy engineers.

Choice your poison.

I've always done best with audits of the quality of data. A lot of times it is not the fault of the engineer but the software gets a corruption that just festers.

Engineers are paid too much to have to chase down software shortcomings. Maintenance "suggests" that corruption is something PTC support can take care of.

Facilitator... now that might be a more stress reduced position for your unfortunate predicament.

All of the above. Model Check is primarily for enforcing consistency. If the possible lack of consistency hasn't been a problem then it's not a problem. MC can't verify the models are of any use; they could all be garbage and MC would only make sure it is consistent garbage. It may be they worked off a set of templates that has been keeping things largely in line, so no need to fix them later.

The thing I would look at is the plans for the data. It's possible that no matter what you do and what has been done a new requirement will cause a big ripple through even the most consistent of data. Before looking at the data you have, understand the data you need.

Top Tags