cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mold opening in assembly

ptc-5471878
1-Newbie

Mold opening in assembly

I have an assembly that I need to show in a closed and open state. I've attached a dummied down assembly that is similar to the assembly I want to open. If you look at the picture attached I need to move the blue side away from the red side. However I may have made a mistake by the way I assembled them. The transparent red and blue parts are an assembly that was put in the main assembly.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Make the "cavity" set to distance in the constraints. Then set a relation to the value of the distance at your top assembly level. If you need both states at a next level assembly, do this with family tables.

Of course, you can make the relations smarter to use it at the next level as well.

For some reason, I still have a hard time using flexible components to drive assembly constraint dimensions.

assembly_option.PNG

How about just creating an exploded view? If it's merely a visual aid, create an exploded view, set the distance and you're done. It can also be shown in its open (exploded) state in a drawing. The downside is that it's not adjustable with a parameter.

Family tables are easiest to create, but I hate Family Table Assys.

If you need a stand alone model:

1. create a new empty assy.
  2. Assemble your mold assy to it by default constraints.
  3. RMB on the assy and Make Flexible. pick the offset dimension and set it to the new dimension and close out of the component interface dialog.

Hope this helps.

Karl Krahmer

Top Tags