cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

More 9.1 scroll bar weirdness

davehaigh
11-Garnet

More 9.1 scroll bar weirdness

Even setting the scrollbar size back to 17, still doesn't restore the full function of the scroll bar.

In 9.0-M050 the scroll wheel works as long as the mouse is in the frame that has the embedded scroll bar.

Now the scroll wheel only works if the mouse is on top of the scroll bar.

Where the "scroll bar size" only affected Internet Explorer, the location of the mouse affects Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.

?????

By the way, I sent this reply to the hot line:
This is an issue that is going to affect many older users.

The way my scrollbar size got set to 24, is not because I went in and change that setting individually, it was because I set the Font size to Large Fonts.

Pick the following
Desktop RMB Menu, Properties, Appearance, Font size: Large Fonts, OK.

This setting sets the scrollbar size to 24. So this is a "standard" Windows setting, perhaps not the default, but a standard. I would think PDMLink would be agnostic to this setting.

I really would prefer this issue got moved up the food chain as a problem that needs to be addressed. Obviously from a user standpoint if it worked in the previous rev, and it now requires a work around in the current rev, we think someone messed up in the programming.

David Haigh
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Have you tried removing and re-installing Internet Explorer.

The reason I suggest this is that we had a couple of machines where the
scroll bar size fix didn't work and nothing else we tried worked either.

I gave up on those machines but when the IE8 update came through it
fixed the problem. They have been OK ever since.

Regards

Sarah Ford

CAD Designer / CAD Administrator

Westwind Air Bearings

Tel. 01202 627236

www.gsig.com
Top Tags