cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Need Help!

ikamster
1-Newbie

Need Help!

I'm having a problem with wildfire 4.0 that I can't see a reason for. Perhaps someone has run into this before.

I have a cut which protrudes down to a surface. There is also alarge 'imported feature' that I am using as reference only. There is no parent-child relationships between the imported geom and the features that I am creating.I can open up the file and supress the imported geom with no problem. BUT, when I then (without doing anything else) resume the imported geom, the cut fails. The error message is just that "Could not extrude up to surface". The surface, or the cut aren't tied in any way to the imported geom - or are they? I don't see any reason why the cut would be ok until the (unrelated) imported geom is surpressed and then resumed. Any body have any ideas about what I am doing wrong?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Does the imported geometry dramatically change the size of your model
and does the cut create some small edges? If so, I bet it's relative
accuracy biting you. Relative accuracy sets the smallest allowable edge
based on a ratio of the model size. So, if your model changes size, the
smallest allowable edge changes size. Switch to absolute accuracy,
which directly sets the smallest allowable edge size.

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Thanks, Doug, I'll give it a try!

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags