cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

New to Creo. Cannot create first part. Stuck on welcome window.

ptc-5759718
1-Newbie

New to Creo. Cannot create first part. Stuck on welcome window.

Hello!

The title says it all.

I used to use ProE Wildfire in university and am getting back into 3D modeling for work. I got a trial of CREO parametrics and when I load it and attempt to create a new part all I can see is the starting browser "Welcome to creo 2.0" page. I can click new part and the tree appears on the left window but in the main window there are no planes or axis only the welcome browser.

Any help would be great I would really hate to go back to Sketchup.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-5759718)

Sounds like a video card issue to me. You might try updating your video card driver. One way to check is in the config.pro, add an option GRAPHICS WIN32_GDI

If it was already in there and set to OPENGL (which is the default if it is not in there). This will give you lower end graphics, which might tell you that you either need to update your drivers or your card isn't compatible at all.

Steve

There is a little patch on the right side of the browser to collapse it.

Check that the datum plane and axis display is turned on. The icons have creepy little eyes to show they are view related.

Are there any datum plane icons in the model tree?

Hi Ian,

Could you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing? Are there any errors in the message log?

nmalik
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5759718)

I don't think that the default/out-of-the-box start parts have any datums in them. In the lower left corner click on the globe icon (toggles browser). If you see a white background then Click on the Model tab > Datum drop-down menu (3rd column from the left) > Offset planes. This will create planes in X, Y, & Z.

Top Tags