cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Notes question

NickKaehler
1-Newbie

Notes question

Does anyone know how to insert a surface finish symbol into a note on a 2D drawing? (This symbol is not in the text symbol box.)
8 REPLIES 8

WF4.0 M91 Click Insert > Surface Finish > Retrieve. • Double-click the Machined folder. • Select the standard1.sym symbol. etc.
cdiaz-2
11-Garnet
(To:WillyC)

i think he meant in the note like when creating a parametric note using & at the beggining Carlos Diaz

Nick We usually leave a large space in the note and place a standard surface finish symbol in the blank location. It is not directly inserted into note. Now you could make a symbol that had the note and the surface finish if you are going to use it more than once. Regards Eric

Yeah, I ended up just making room for the symbol and manually adding it. Works okay, I just want it all connected so that if I have to move the notes the surface finish symbol will move with it.

"Eric Mills" wrote:

Nick We usually leave a large space in the note and place a standard surface finish symbol in the blank location. It is not directly inserted into note. Now you could make a symbol that had the note and the surface finish if you are going to use it more than once. Regards Eric

Nick With the surface finish symbol highlighted go to edit/group/relate to object. That will tie them together. Eric

"Eric Mills" wrote:

Nick With the surface finish symbol highlighted go to edit/group/relate to object. That will tie them together. Eric

Well, to add the symbol itself into the text line you can use: &sym(whatever symbol name) as in: BLAHBLAHBLAH{1:&sym(cwi_surftexture)}BLAHBLAH Now, sometimes it doesn't work well depending on the size of the symbol and any potential groupings, so beware.

Thanks for that Eric. I have been using Pro for 16 + years and have related notes to views for ever but until today I did not know this could be done. See Old Dogs Can Learn New Tricks. It's good to read thru these post from time to time.
Top Tags