cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

PDF Thickness, Pen Table

jraice
1-Newbie

PDF Thickness, Pen Table

Hello, really struggling to simply get my B&W PDF exports to look clean, with the model edges being thinner/sharper. I have gotten most of my text to look great by changing it to Blue, but I can't seem to get the model lines to change even with color changes.

I tried adding a table.pnt file and calling it out, including turning on pdf_use_pentable and use_8_plotter_pens. I also tried changing penx_line_weight all to 1.

Any other simple tricks to get B&W PDF with thin lines? Even if all lines are the same I think I'd be happy for now.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

config.pro options:

pdf_use_pentable yes

use_8_plotter_pens yes

pen_table_file absolute_path\mypentable.pnt

mypentable.pnt for DIN/ISO drawing environment (example, see also Creo Parametric Help Center)

!*** user colors

pen  1   thickness 0.015 cm

!*** witness lines

pen  2   thickness 0.015 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0;  letter_color

!*** hidden lines

pen  3   pattern 0.5, 0.2 cm; thickness 0.015 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0;  half_tone_color

!*** notes, dimension values

pen  4   thickness 0.035 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0;  edge_highlite_color

!*** tangential round edges

pen  5   thickness 0.015 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0;  dimmed_color

!*** datum features

pen  6   thickness 0.015 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; datum_color

!*** model visible edges, sheetmetal edges

pen  7   thickness 0.05 cm;  color 0.0 0.0 0.0;  drawing_color, attention_color

Note:

color 0.0 0.0 0.0 ... black color

MH

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:jraice)

This is the pen table we use:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

! This Pen Table will print everything in black and white except

! user defined colors.

pen 1 thickness .003 in; color 0 0 0;

pen 2 thickness .003 in; color 0 0 0;

pen 3 thickness .003 in; color 0.2 0.2 0.2;

pen 4 thickness .012 in; color 0 0 0;

pen 5 thickness .006 in; color 0 0 0; drawing_color;

pen 6 thickness .003 in; color 0 0 0; quilt_color; magenta_color; attention_color; curve_color;

pen 7 thickness .003 in; color 0 0 0; datum_color;

pen 8 thickness .003 in; color 0 0 0; dimmed_color; section_color;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, the file extension does not matter.  Just make sure to include the file extension in the config option.  (We use .txt)

Top Tags