cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Parameter New End_type

Helena
4-Participant

Parameter New End_type

I have looked in the "Help Center" after the name of the feature parameter "end_type" for the out-port of a fitting when this type differs from the in-port.

In the fitting file it is named nend_type. But it is not clear what the feature parameter in the model should be called.

Also, if the coupling is a T-coupling, should the parameter-name be something else for the branch?

I hope there is someone out there who can help me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Helena...

If you look in the SPEC DRIVEN files in the help center, these are more help than the non spec driven files. I think I've faced this issue before and I think the answer is that all ports get "END_TYPE". If all ports have the same end type, you don't need to put the parameter on more than once. If you have two different end types, put the END_TYPE parameter on each end.

Does that make sense? Basically I think "NEND TYPE" is a typo and you just put "END_TYPE" everywhere. To be safe I always put the parameter on all ends. For branches there a "BRANCH_SIZE" parameter and a few other things. Check out the spec driven piping data under:

Piping

About Setting Up Spec Driven Piping

Fitting Library Files

Fitting Library Creation

Fitting Parameter

Fitting End Type Code Parameter

Let me know if that helps at all...

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jsarkar
1-Newbie
(To:Helena)

I guess T coupling as u mentioned is might be a half coupling which will not break the run pipe. If so then you have to make it inline. For end types, if u select a particular fittings then i may able to help u.

Helena
4-Participant
(To:jsarkar)

Jayanta:

My prime concern is the correct name of the "end_type feature-parameter" for the port with an end type which differs from the original.

Is it "end_type" (which the Help Center vaguely indicates), is it "nend_type" (which is also stated in the Help Center) or maybe "new_end_type" (to follow the same pattern as the size-parameter).

I have tried all these, but it seems as Pro/E does not recognize any of them.

jsarkar
1-Newbie
(To:Helena)

I understand the requirement. I have also tried the same, NEND_TYPE is not recognised by proe.

Hi Helena...

If you look in the SPEC DRIVEN files in the help center, these are more help than the non spec driven files. I think I've faced this issue before and I think the answer is that all ports get "END_TYPE". If all ports have the same end type, you don't need to put the parameter on more than once. If you have two different end types, put the END_TYPE parameter on each end.

Does that make sense? Basically I think "NEND TYPE" is a typo and you just put "END_TYPE" everywhere. To be safe I always put the parameter on all ends. For branches there a "BRANCH_SIZE" parameter and a few other things. Check out the spec driven piping data under:

Piping

About Setting Up Spec Driven Piping

Fitting Library Files

Fitting Library Creation

Fitting Parameter

Fitting End Type Code Parameter

Let me know if that helps at all...

Thanks!

-Brian

Helena
4-Participant
(To:BrianMartin)

Thank you Brian!

I thougth I had tried using "end_type" for parametername, but I must have made some other mistake also.

Anyway, now it works.

Thank's again

//Helena

Hi Helena -

We have a product that helps with implementation of Spec-Driven Piping, called RsysConfig. 

Feel free to have a look at our website, https://cadactive.com/products/rsysconfig/ if you are interested in learning more. 

We would be happy to talk further to this, please send me an email at Phil.Clukies@cadactive.com

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags