cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Parameter, relation question

DRFaust
5-Regular Member

Parameter, relation question

In my assembly I have created a parameter, relation and a note calling the parameter which shows the value of the parameter. I placed this note on my graphics area flat to screen. To change my parameter value I have to open the parameter and change the value then select ok.

Is there a way I can just select (double click) the note on the screen and change the parameter value there? I am running Creo Parametric 2.0 M100.

Thanks...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gucio
14-Alexandrite
(To:DRFaust)

look at the sample - are you able to change value of the note??

Krzysztof

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Gucio
14-Alexandrite

hi,

select note > RMB > Value

regards
gucio

Krzysztof
DRFaust
5-Regular Member
(To:Gucio)

I can not select the note from the graphics area and when I select the note in the model tree and RMB I do not get the option "Value".

Thanks.

Gucio
14-Alexandrite

look at the sample - are you able to change value of the note??

Krzysztof

Hi Mike...

Try setting the drop-down selection filter in the lower right hand corner of your screen for Creo 2.0 to Annotation and try selecting on the note in the graphics window again.

If you're using Wildfire 5.0, the selection filter drop-down is near the upper right hand corner of the graphics window. With the filter set to Smart, you can't grab the note... with it set to Annotation, you can.

In Creo 2.0, you can set a custom filter which will allow you to select the note without having to mess with the filter drop-down at all. Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks!

-Brian

DRFaust
5-Regular Member

Gucio,

Yes I do get the "Value" option when I RMB on your note from the model tree. I however do not get that option when I select my note in the model tree. I did find that if I select my Annotation note from the model tree and RMB, then select Create annotation feature. I then can hold ALT and double click the parameter value # from the note in the graphics area. This will then bring up a box on the screen that I can change the parameter value. So I am going to enter yours as a correct answer.

Thank you very much...

DRFaust
5-Regular Member

Below shows the option I explained previously.

Capture.PNG

Top Tags