cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Parameter tables

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Parameter tables

Hi all,

is there a way of writing parameters so that they stay in the order in which they were added to the table. I want to be able to work through my parameters in a set order, but they shift around. Ideally, i would like to give each parameter a number, but you do not appear to be able to start a parameter with a number ie. 1_parameter

2_parameter

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hmmm. Interesting that you can't do that. Did you try A_Parameter, B_Parameter, ... instead?

Or, if you prefer: P1_parameterx, P2_parametery, P3_parameterz, ...

Hi David,

no i did not, but i did try A1_parameter, A2_parameter, but to no avail, pro-e will list the parameters alphabetically, but after the under score. This is a pain, because i want to work through a list of parameters, but in a specific order. I will try the A,B,C approach tomorrow, see if that works, but i would have really liked to allocate a number to the parameter, because it was my intention to reference the parameter on a layout by way of a bom.

Regards

John

Hi John,

Do you mean you want to fix the order in a table on the layout which lists all parameters in the layout with a repeat region ?

If you use the repeat region menu - fix index > fix record, you can assign a "number" to the row for that specific parameter.

You can also use the filters to leave out unwanted parameters from the table, but by means of the repeat region, the parameters that you want to appear in the table can appear in it automatically. In that way, the names of the parameters can be whatever they want.

Hi Tom,

thank you for the information thus far. I am not working with repeat regions, just straight forward tables. I am interested to know if there is a way of only showing specific parameters to a part from a layout. Let me explain. I have a layout, & i have created 10 parameters, A1, A2, A3 etc. I declare a part to that layout, now what i am finding is that all 10 parameters are visible to the part, but what if that part only needs to see parameters A4 & A7 for example, how do i get rid of the other 8 parameters. Can this be done?

Regards

John

Top Tags