cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Parameter with multiple values

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine

Parameter with multiple values

Is it possible to have a parameter, that contains some values pre defined?

See example:

catia knowledge check

5 REPLIES 5
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:CAD_user)

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/fundamentals%2Ffundamentals%2Ffund_seven_sub%2Fabout_Restricted_Value_Parameters.html%23 Look up restricted value parameters in help. The user will be presented with a drop down list of values from which they can select. Not exactly the functionality shown in the video. You'd have to setup relations, pro-program, etc. for the model to update based on the parameter value. Regards, Dan N.

Generally, this is what I need to do. But let's imagine that I create this in my computer, and after this I open the same file, where this isn't configured. It won't work, right?
TomU
23-Emerald IV

No, it will continue to work.  The restricted parameter definition is stored with the file.  No one else who uses this file will need the original restricted parameter list unless they want to create new files with the same restrictions.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

There is an update menu option so if you change the values in your restricted_params.dat file, you can update the values stored in your part/assembly/drawing file. There is an option to show which values are not in agreement with the master file, too.

We use this file for certain drawing signatures and when that list changes, I update the main file and then update the drawing templates.

Top Tags