cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Part Regenerates then Waits for Several Minutes

JWayman
1-Newbie

Part Regenerates then Waits for Several Minutes

Hello,

I have a part that takes an age to regenerate.

That is not strictly true, the 'Regeneration Complete' dialogue box comes after a couple of seconds, but Pro/E remains extremely busy for about 5 minutes, before the 'Regeneration Complete' box disappears.

Task Manager reports CPU usage of over 50% i.e. one of the two cores is basically completely committed. It also reports that it is, indeed, Pro/E that is using all that processing.

I have looked at the trail file and it gets to '!ProgressBarDlg: Regen Completed' and shows nothing further.

How can I find out which feature is causing this problem? Is it just a case of moving the 'insert here' thing up and regenerating until the problem goes away, or is there a slick way?

WF4, M220, 64 Bit

Thanks,

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags