cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Patterning and UDF's

DeanLong
10-Marble

Patterning and UDF's

Morning folks,

Okay...working with a client running WF2. I was given the challenge to come up with a methodof placing differing (geometric) boss configurations on their parts. For example, one version has a chamfered lead in, another does not. One version has structural ribs at 90 degrees to the world, another has them at 45 degrees. And so on....

That task was easy.....I chose to use the UDF. Geometry changes within each "version" were merely dim changes and turning features on and off. It seemed perfect for a UDF

The challenge was to come up with a method that used only one assembly reference. The partsare large plastic pieces and havemultiple bosses for attachement.After a little pain, I figured out a method to do that using only one coordinate system for placing the UDF. Task two complete!

Now...this issue. I can't pattern the darn UDF as a reference pattern on the coordinate system pattern. What the...?

Now the question.... Is it possible to pattern a UDF as a reference, or pattern a UDF at all? If not, should I have known this before accepting the challenge? 🙂

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags