cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Poor graphics in Creo 2

mmyers1
1-Newbie

Poor graphics in Creo 2

Gotta say, I've been using Creo-2 for a week or so now and I'm not impressed

My main beef is the poor quality of the default shading and lighting in Creo compared with Wildfire 4.

It's DREADFUL!

The colours are washed out and the parts do not reflect highlights nicely as they did with the default shading and lighting in Wildfire 4

I loaded the default lighting file from Wldfire 4 into the Creo-2 lighting directory but the result is exactly the same

Is there any way to improve the default lighting and shading settings?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

check the version of graphic card drivers. I guess that you need to upgrade graphic card drivers to current version.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

There is a way,

Go to options, notice that if your machine support OpenGL you should select "Other Independent".

The best setting to manipulate is "Set shade quality to", but notice that a higher number can decrease the performance.

Hi,

check the version of graphic card drivers. I guess that you need to upgrade graphic card drivers to current version.

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin

Actually, you were correct.

I updated the graphics driver and this has solved the poor graphics problems

jwaffensmith
4-Participant
(To:mmyers1)

I Still have a setting that gives me the wildfire tan background.  Not sure where the blue came from.  they told us that they did extensive user/ergonomic research to get to the tan fade then it was tossed aside.  You might have to go through and tweak the highlights and other settings to make them look better in the new environment.  I have a couple of different map keys that toggle from wildfire background to a white back ground.  I never liked the blue fade.  it looked washed out out you are right.

As an aside why not go right to creo 3?

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:mmyers1)

Hello Matt MYERS

some basic informations about model display quality are in following topic:

Render with line edges?

Milan

Top Tags