cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Prestress Modal Analysis - Static Analysis Results Error

sjohnstone
1-Newbie

Prestress Modal Analysis - Static Analysis Results Error

Hi,

I am doing a Prestress Modal Analysis and trying to use previous results from a static analysis but it aborts due to the error:

The design study terminated abnormally.

The model geometry has changed since you ran the previously

run design study. Either modify the current design study to

include the other analyses it depends on or rerun the

previous study with the latest geometry.

I'm not sure why this is because I have just ran the Static analysis and the next thing I have done is try to run the Prestress using these results. I have not changed the geometry or anything else in the model. Could the Mesh that is created by the AutoGEM be different for any reason? If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
ehaenen
4-Participant
(To:sjohnstone)

Hi Back

This is a very annoying situation that keeps on hitting you for such restart situations. It is exactly as you write, you've only added the modal analysis, but this is considered a model change.

The easiest way out of this is to not mark the box where it says "use rsults from a previous analysis". Mechanica will thenm automatuically run the static analysis, when you start the modal one. It takes a bit longer, but works.

Succes!

Erik

I'm not sure because I had this working on a different model but for this one it does not work, it just errors out.

Yeah I am having to do the static analysis every run which is a waste of time.

Thanks for your reply

Top Tags