cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Prevent Pro/E from doing a regen

Chris3
21-Topaz I

Prevent Pro/E from doing a regen

I am working in WF4 and PDMLink 9. Does anyone know a way to prevent Pro/E from doing a regen on a part or subassembly? For instance when perform a replace Pro/E does an automatic regen without me requesting it. If I have a complex part or sub assembly this auto-regen can cause a long wait or worse a failure in a small subassembly that I don't care about.

I have tried locking parts and sub-assemblies (making them read only) and I have also tried using simplified reps but neither works.

Ultimately I would like to in essence be able to turn the offending component(s) into dummy masses like step files that don't get any regen unless I specifically request it.

Christopher Rees - Mechanical Engineer - ISR Systems
UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS
100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT 06810 U.S.A.
Tel: +1 203 797 5490 Fax: +1 203 797 6637
christopher.rees@utas.utc.com<">mailto:christopher.rees@utas.utc.com> www.utcaerospacesystems.com
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags