cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

ProProcess Edge Display

mtnman
1-Newbie

ProProcess Edge Display

I have a question related to "Process Display" in Pro/Process. This tool changes the line style/colors in Pro/Process drawings to distinguish parts from previous assembly process steps and those that are new in the current assembly step. I am using parts from another designer, so I am not the original creator of the assembly and components. For some reason, some of the components that I pull into my Pro/Process seem to be immune to the Process Display settings. Instead of inheriting these new display settings, the components seem to retain their original edge properties and colors. Is anyone aware of a setting/option that could override these Pro/Process display settings in a drawing?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:mtnman)

I can't help you with your request but I will welcome you to the forum, Jason.

Of course, if you are a maintenance customer, you can also open a support case. There are no silly questions. Your request will be processed and you will get a resolution in time.

We on the forum like to see if we can shortcut that from time to time but participation through the support site can only make the software better over time.

I will say that I have reported several display -irregularities- and most have been addressed. Some remain that seem to be chronic.

vzak
6-Contributor
(To:mtnman)

Hi Jason,

Not sure if this will help, but try playing with the following options - they are related to Process step appearance settings :

curr_proc_comp_def_color

curr_proc_comp_def_font

prev_proc_comp_def_color

prev_proc_comp_def_font

Regards

- Vlad

mtnman
1-Newbie
(To:vzak)

So the appearance settings seem to work on all parts whose display settings are not overriding the Pro/Process "process display" settings, but does not affect the parts that are giving me troubles. I have discovered that sheet metal parts, which typically show a white surface and green surface for driving/driven surfaces on a drawing, remain unaffect by changes to the "process display" settings. Does anyone know of an option/setting that forces sheet metal parts to accept "process display" changes?

Top Tags