cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Problem with assembly constraint.

vignesh_keshav
4-Participant

Problem with assembly constraint.

Hello,

I am in the process of designing a push switch.

The function of push switch is simple. There is an arm rotating on a hinge, the push button slides over the arm's surface and the push button slides inside the hole. As the arm returns the push button also returns. My problem is that I am able to rotate the arm, slide the arm over the push button surface and move it inside the hole. But, as the arm rotates back, the push button will not come to the original position. I have attached the images below.

Also, my animation for the same design is not working. I gave a servo kotor to the hinged joint(pin) of the arm. The arm doesn't move at all in the animation

Expecting an answer.

Thanks,

Vignesh 

1 REPLY 1

Hi, 

Can you send screenshots that show how each of the components are constrained? I'm guessing that the constraint on the button is not quite right. 

There's probably a ton of ways to set this assembly up. I spent a few minutes making an example. It might not be exactly what you want but the button moves up and down correctly. It may give you some ideas... See attached.

Ty

Top Tags