cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Problems when copying assembly

tjensen
1-Newbie

Problems when copying assembly

Problems when copying assembly.

The computer shows an error box as says I have to send the traceback.log to Technical Support.

Now I have done it. I hope someone can tell me what the problem is.

Have a nice day.

Tom

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Home - PTC Community is not PTC Technical Support website. Go to https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/portal/ then activate My Company tab and click Create a New Support Case button to register your problem at PTC Support.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Tom,

Were you able to create a TS case to have your traceback analyzed?

If not, I can create a case for you, but I will need your valid SCN (Service Contract Number).

Thanks,

Amit

I once had hopes that a trace-back log would help a support case but tech support told me it was pretty much useless without the rest of the associated files.

Corrupt files is one of the reasons you get these.  I've sent corrupt files to tech support, and again, PTC could not repair them.  KEEP THOSE INCREMENTAL SAVE FILES!  My only recovery was to find the file that didn't crash Creo.

One of my issues was a corrupt image assigned to a datum plane (underlay BMP file).  Something got completely confused and it was showing the wrong images on the wrong planes.  Even deleting them did not resolve the file.  I went back about 3 saves and removed the images.  No more issues after that with this file.

Don't put off this investigation.  When something like this happens, you have to get on top of it.  Definitely make use f tech support.  Every user working on a system that has maintenance should create their own support cases.  Some larger companies like to funnel things through IT.  Regardless, use these services, they're paid for.

Hi guys

Thanks for the answers.
The funny thing is, that a colleague of me said, "let me try on my computer" and it succeeded on his computer?
I have also talked with the lokal CREO support here in Denmark and he said it's nearly impossible to find the reason.

Have a nice day

Top Tags