cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Program locks up opening any files.

ptc-4395719
1-Newbie

Program locks up opening any files.

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 4.0 (connected) Release 4.0 and DatecodeM080

When opening any files in Creo, the program locks up. We can close the program down normally.

3 REPLIES 3
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:ptc-4395719)

When open files with Creo 4.0 M080, you are unable to do anything. What do you mean by "locks up"?

Do you mean that Creo goes grey and unresponsive?

Do you mean that the graphics window is empty?

Thanks to more details in your description the investigation will be more efficient for all who're eager to help you?
Also do you mind sharing one of the files that fail? Thanks to that attachment, by elimination, we will sort whether the issue is file specific or not.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4395719)

Is this a new install of Creo 4 M080?

Remove all config.pro files from your startup routine and test, adding each one back in one at a time.

Is it graphics related? set the graphics to win_gdi.

What are the computer specs: graphics card, memory? Is it a certified PTC configuration?

Thank you for the help. I did run a fresh install of Creo. The graphics are compatible. When Creo launches, and we try to open any file, it will hang, unresponsive. The only option is to close the program out. I will look at setting the win_gdi.

I'll post an update with any progress.

Top Tags