cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Question on Pro/E Skeletons

Colm
1-Newbie

Question on Pro/E Skeletons

I need some help with using ProE skeletons.

We currently use skeletons in the models we create. Consider the following model tree:

ASM_X

ASM_X_SKEL

ASM_B

ASM_B_SKEL

ASM_C

ASM_C_SKEL

PART_F

ASM_Y

ASM_Y_SKEL

ASM_B

ASM_B_SKEL

ASM_D

ASM_C_SKEL

PART_G

In the model tree for ASM_X, PART_F is dependent on geometry from the ASM_B_SKEL and the ASM_C_SKEL. What is the best approach, I want to keep the geometry local to the respective assemblies but I need to have visibility of this geometry at the top level. I have 2 options:

1. Extract the geometry from the lower level skeletons and contain in the top level skeleton. This would have the effect of replicating the geometry from ASM_B across the top level assemblies ASM_X and ASM_Y. This would be dangerous in that if you changed the geometry specific to ASM_B in the top level skeleton in ASM_X then this would not be updated in the ASM_Y.
  2. Allow PART_F to contain copy geometry from the lower level assemblies i.e. ASM_B and ASM_C (not sure if this would even work!!!!)

Any help would be appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Depends, If I understand your structure correctly, ASM_B has a skeleton. Does this assembly have lower level parts. ASM_C has a skeleton, does this have any lower level parts.

You could at the top level assembly, ASM_X, insert both ASM_B skeleton and ASM_C skeleton. Config option to allow multiple skeletons. The last feature you want in your individual skeleton is a publish geom feature which includes what you want to control in each. Then you can activate PART F and copy the publish geom from ASM_B skeleton then ASM_C skeleton seperately. This will eliminate you copied data coming from two seperate assembly skeletons.

Hope this helps, we do this on everything.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Depends, If I understand your structure correctly, ASM_B has a skeleton. Does this assembly have lower level parts. ASM_C has a skeleton, does this have any lower level parts.

You could at the top level assembly, ASM_X, insert both ASM_B skeleton and ASM_C skeleton. Config option to allow multiple skeletons. The last feature you want in your individual skeleton is a publish geom feature which includes what you want to control in each. Then you can activate PART F and copy the publish geom from ASM_B skeleton then ASM_C skeleton seperately. This will eliminate you copied data coming from two seperate assembly skeletons.

Hope this helps, we do this on everything.

Hi Joseph,

I implemented what you suggested and this now appears to work correctly.

Thankyou for your input on this. Much appreciated.

Colm

Top Tags