cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Reference Pattern to follow Feature Pattern and Table Pattern

HamsterNL
18-Opal

Reference Pattern to follow Feature Pattern and Table Pattern

As usual I am pushing Creo to the limit 🙂

This time I want to create a Reference Pattern which should follow a Feature Pattern and a Table Pattern at the same time.

I have created an example, see attachment (PRO/E Wildfire 4).

First I have created a simple support beam, which has a Family Table. That FT controls the pattern of the axis.

Next I created an assembly, placed the support beam and created a Table Pattern. So far so good.

What I would like to achieve, is that the peg follows both the Feature Pattern of the axis and the Table Pattern of the support beam.

I can't get my "Reference type" to show "Both", it sticks to "Feature".

Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Reference type

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

Reference pattern can follow single pattern only. Therefore you have to create 2-direction axis pattern in assembly.

Martin Hanák

@MartinHanak wrote:

Reference pattern can follow single pattern only. 

Not entirely true. A Reference Pattern can follow "multiple" patterns, but the Reference type should be Both:

Reference type Both

I am using this type of pattern on a different component (a bolt) in my assembly. I first placed a bracket on the support beam, then I created a simple pattern. I then created a Reference Pattern, so the brackets follow the Table Pattern of the support beams (basicly a pattern of a pattern). As a last step, I placed a bolt and created a Reference Pattern with the Reference type "Both" so all brackets receives a bolt.

But as soon as I introduce a 2-direction pattern in my support beam for the peg to follow...I lose the ability to use "Both" as a Reference type.

Does anyone have an idea how to get this to work?

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:HamsterNL)

Hi @HamsterNL

as far as i know in this case is important which constrains is the first.

Example - assembly screw in hole.

A) If axis-axis --- will be pattern on 1 part in each patterned hole

B) If surface-surface --- will be pattern on each part once at the same hole

In past l used "both" choice, but can´t find related data...

Let u know if l will find it...

@mbonka

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:mbonka)

"BOTH" choice works different way, than you expected.

If you use pattern of pattern in part, than BOTH will be unlocked in assembly pattern of screw... see attached model tree picture:

pattern_on_pattern.JPG

@mbonka

Top Tags