cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Reg: Welding In assembly Mode

suganthan.mech
1-Newbie

Reg: Welding In assembly Mode

Hello Buddies

Good Day!!

I am using Pro/E wildfire 3. Some of our designers want to create 3D welding in Assembly Level. In assembly mode we cant create features to add material. So we need to activate part then create welding feature.

My question is

1. 3D weld in assembly mode is appreciated or 2D weld in drawing mode appreciated?
2. Will regeneration time increase after add 3D welds in assembly mode?
3. What about weight of assembly, Will it increase the assembly weight in Pro/E

4. What are the difficulties to add 3D weld in assembly

Kindly help me to solve this issue

Thanks In Advance

Suganthan Rajamanickam

Pro-e System Analyst

Trane Design Centre, India

Ingersoll Rand

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
13 REPLIES 13

I hope PTC users, for world wide. Not only for America. I hope you understand that. In America, People are mostly friendly. So I do not think this is wrong. Ok thank for your advice.

Hope try to answer my questions, please do not bring countries, culture ,etc... My words never heart any one.

Suganthan Rajamanickam
Pro-e System Analyst

Suganthan,

Don't feel too bad. Some people are not AWARE that PTC/USER is a WORLDWIDE user group - not just for "Americans" - so WHERE you are from or how you chose to address your emails should be of no one else's concern. (Heck, some people are not even AWARE of how to spell words in their own English language!)

John

Thanks for your reply. We do not have access for Pro/E weld module. I am in Pro/E wildfire 3. We will go 5 in next year. Any way thanks for input buddy

Suganthan Rajamanickam
Pro-e System Analyst

Thank you buddy. Thanks for your words

Suganthan Rajamanickam
Pro-e System Analyst

Suganthan,

I'd much rather have your unconventional courtesy than David's rude arrogance. So keep writing anything you please. Most Americans are friendly, but we do have our share of ignorant individuals.

Have a good day buddy!

Bill

Thanks Buddy. I am trying to develop my knowledge as well as sharing my knowledge to other PTC users. That's it.

Suganthan Rajamanickam
Pro-e System Analyst

Thank you. I got your point.

Suganthan Rajamanickam
Pro-e System Analyst

Besides, aren't we all Pro/E Buddies?

BTW, can someone answer his question if you haven't done so already?

🙂

Thank you Shepard

We are all PTC buddies. No doubt on that. I got some replies from PTC users. Thank you

Suganthan Rajamanickam
Pro-e System Analyst

I'll take a crack at it.

Suganthan -

You should be able to access the Pro/Weld functionality directly in an
assembly. Even in WF3.

Thank you buddy. Thanks for your detailed mail. It really help full to me.

Suganthan Rajamanickam
Pro-e System Analyst

If the solution has been found, please post a summary so that others with similar issues can find it by searching the archives (keeps redundant questions out of the exploder) and prevent those who get the digest emails don't answer a question that has already been answered

Thanks I will post here after.

Suganthan Rajamanickam
Pro-e System Analyst
Top Tags