cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Regeneration Failures

kallard
1-Newbie

Regeneration Failures

I want to transfer my saved files and folders to a back up hard drive.  But when I do this, and then try to load any of the files again in Parametric it fails to load any of the parts and/or assemblies. It then requires me to go back to the original file and regenerate the whole file. How can I open files of an assembly or part saved to a different location then the original location and not have to regenerate from the old.

-Someone new to PTC please be kind.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

it looks like your problem is model dependent.

Please create simple part (a cube) and test its behaviour. You can upload test model using How to attach file when you Reply to a discussion. procedure.

MH

Martin Hanák

Kaina,

How are you backing up the models to the new folder?  Are you just copy/pasting them from Windows Explorer?

I would suggest open the assembly or drawing and then perform File > Backup and select the folder location to back up to.  Doing a File > Backup will force Creo to copy over all the necessary files for successful retrieval.

Thanks,

Amit

Top Tags