cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Rename sketched geometry point

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Rename sketched geometry point

Hi all,

does anyone know if it is possible to rename a sketched geometry point in the same way you can rename a normal datum point.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

From what I have seen you can only rename the sketch, not the individual points.

As far as I know you can only rename the group of sketched points. Pro/E see them as one unit kind of like a sketch.

Here is a screenshot of the feature info:

datum_points.jpg

If it created a different feature for each point you could rename them individually, but I don't see anywhere to specify a single point. Even when you try to select one of the points they all select.

If you are refering to a geometry point within a sketch, then that point only belongs to the sketch.

Sorry, It would be nice if I am wrong.

I know the topic is 2 years old, but here's how to rename the individual sketched datum points in WF4

Edit -> Setup --> Name --> Other

Now you can select the sketched datum points and rename them.

thank you for the reply. i never did get a solution, so i have just lived with it. ok, i am now working with Creo/elements Pro, i tried this, but i do not see the setup command under edit. can you help anymore?

Regards

John

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:John.Pryal)

With your version, go to File>Properties>Names. Look to the right of "Names" for the word "change", click this for a list of the datum points to be renamed.

Thank you Kevin, that was just what i was looking for.

Regards

John

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Can't vouch for Creo, but you can rename any of the single datum points in a feature containing several points.

Sergio
6-Contributor

In Creo parametric, you can rename the GEOM PNTS in the model properties window.

creo1.png

Top Tags