cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Repeat regions - unfix index that is not shown in a table

AF_mechdesigner
12-Amethyst

Repeat regions - unfix index that is not shown in a table

Hi all,

I'm struggling to find a solution to an apparently simple problem. I have a repeat region listing parts, whose indexes have been "fixed" to remain always #1 , #2 and #3 (in the desired order).

Now, component #2 has been replaced with another part (different part number) and so the BoM table is now listing items #1 and #3 (associated to the same p/n as before), leaving a gap inbetween; the new item, which replaces #2 is now listed as #4 because it's the first available index.

I thought I could simply fix index for the item which is now #4 and assign #2, but I get an error because index #2 is already assigned! But I can't unfix it, because it's not possible to select it (its row in the table does not exist anymore). Does anybody know how to work this around, without deleting and recreating the table? Thanks.

(I simplified the example on purpose, but this scenario might apply also to assemblies with 100+ parts, where recreating the table from scratch is not an option)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

You can unfix an item by index number. 

aputman_0-1725457467937.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

You can unfix an item by index number. 

aputman_0-1725457467937.png

@aputman thank you very much!

It seems to work at least when deleting an item and assembling a new one (when you want to reuse a previously fixed index).

I'll also try by replacing items using "replace > family table" or "unrelated", but I'm confident there won't be any problem.

Replacing an item from a family table does not reuse the same repeat region index.  You'll have to unfix in that scenario as well. I don't think it's possible, in any scenario, to reuse the same index without manually fixing it. 

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags