cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Saving Illustration Files - CREO Illustrate only offers low detail or high detail, no middle ground

Rond08
4-Participant

Saving Illustration Files - CREO Illustrate only offers low detail or high detail, no middle ground

I am a technical illustrator. I take 3D models and turn them into 2D line art drawings.

We are switching from CATIA Composer to CREO Illustrate where I work. When I export a line art illustration from the 3D Model in Illustrate, I either get a very simple drawing or a very detailed drawing. There is no middle ground. For simple parts, this is OK. But for parts that have a lot of curves, this is not OK. The more complex parts either look like nothing or have way to many tangents/remnants showings. CATIA Composer has a setting called Smart Outlines which has the ability to take to tangents/remnants and combine them, reducing the amount of detail in the line art, yet still providing a drawing that looks like the part that I am illustrating. Does CREO Illustrate have a solution to this issue? Help! Please!

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags