cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Saving an assembly with associated part drawings

DanAdler
12-Amethyst

Saving an assembly with associated part drawings

Is it possible to save an assembly of parts with the 2d drawings of each part and of the assembly in a single file for sharing outside of my organization? The drawings need to maintain associativity obviously. We use model manager inside of organization so this hasn't come up before.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

An Assembly + one (assembly) drawing can be saved as Bundle (.BDL) File out of Modeling/Annotation,

but there is no OOTB solution for an assembly together with multiple drawings.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

An Assembly + one (assembly) drawing can be saved as Bundle (.BDL) File out of Modeling/Annotation,

but there is no OOTB solution for an assembly together with multiple drawings.

I make a top level assembly into which everything reports.  Then I let that assembly be the owner for my (1) drawing.  When I want a 2d drawing of a sub-assembly or component, I create a sheet, then modify the contents to only include that sub-assembly or component.  This way your bundle file has only one "drawing", but each sheet represents the 2D for the details of a sub-assembly or component.  Save the whole thing as a bundle file.  It's a bit tedious as a work-around, but it keeps everything together in a single file.

Hello Daniel,

put the assembly and the 2d drawings who belongs to it in a .zip so you have one file .

Best regards and have nice weekend

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
DanAdler
12-Amethyst
(To:DanAdler)

Thanks for all of the replies. The assembly in question has hundreds of parts with hundreds of drawings so the workarounds mentioned would just take too much extra work.

Top Tags