cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Section Lines on Hardware in an Assembly

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Section Lines on Hardware in an Assembly

ASME Y14.3-1994 in section 4.3.1 states: "Sectioning Assembled Items. Where the cutting plane lies along the longitudinal axis of items such as shafts, bolts, nuts, rods, rivets, keys, pins, screws, ball or roller bearings, gear teeth, spokes, and the like, these parts are not sectioned except where internal construction must be shown."

I have used another high end CAD system in the past, and they had a parameter that we could add to the parts that the system would read and if set to NO, it would not cross-section those items. We used this in our family tables of hardware items and it was very beneficial. Is there anything in Creo that would do this same thing?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

Product idea: X-HATCH AUTOMATIC PARTS EXCLUSION

In creo, other than to exclude each and every component I didn't want hatched. I've never seen anything near auto-magic.

I typically don't care (since creo doesn't do it magically, I generally just let them be hatched) except on the occasion that it bothers me.  That's less and less as I get older and older.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

I saw an example of how to do this at LiveWorx last week, but forgot to write it down. Could someone please post the parameter and its setting to enable crosshatching to be excluded on certain parts?

Top Tags