cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Sectioning Problem

agalpin-2
4-Participant

Sectioning Problem

I have created two surfaces, mirrored them, merged them all and solidified to create a solid, symetrical around the X Plane.

The solidify completes and the part is a solid with a volume.

When sectioning, i have created AA along the Y axis which is fine,

However, when sectioning BB along the X Axis, the section fails.

Could this be cause i am trying to section along the mirror axis? would there be any other reasons for failure?

I have tryed offsetting from the X axis, but it still fails when sectioning in that particular orient but works at 90`??

Adam

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Adam,

can you upload your model&drawing ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
agalpin-2
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Due to the sensitive nature of the data im unable to upload it.

It is basically a control surface which then has a thinned offset (to allow for vacform thinning).

The control surface is an Offset of the initial A surface design and then the thinned surface is reapplied, allowing the nests to support as per the thinning of the material.

Adam,

simply said, the problem is related to model geometry. If you cannot upload the model, then the resolution is up to you, only.

Good luck

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:agalpin-2)

Can you make a simplification of you model that doesn't represent your product that recreates the problem? A little extra work possibly, but someone may be able to help you out that way.

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:agalpin-2)

Try offseting a bit off mirror plane, if its ok then probably geometry problem in mirror plane zone. Zoom close in mirror plane zone and see how surfaces connect, maybe you see some problems there.

agalpin-2
4-Participant
(To:DavorGranic)

Spoke to PTC about this today.

They suggested changing the accuracy from 0.07 to 0.1 This worked however all my are now very "loose" ????

Top Tags