cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Selecting Components Using The 2D Box Also Selects Bulk Items

mkajdan
14-Alexandrite

Selecting Components Using The 2D Box Also Selects Bulk Items

I have an assembly with hundreds of components in it and 5 of them are bulk items.  What I stumbled across was that when using the right to left 2D box method of selecting a component or group of components, it is also selecting all of the bulk items but not always.  This behavior seems to be location dependent as I can use this method on one area of the assembly and the bulk items are selected while using the same method in another area of the assembly the bulk items are not selected.  In the attached image, I used this method to just catch the edge of the orange wheel to select it and in the model tree you can see the three bulk items have been selected also.  Is there a config option to disallow this behavior?  This has been tested with Creo 4 and 8.

mkajdan_0-1644515713733.png

3 REPLIES 3
sacquarone
20-Turquoise
(To:mkajdan)

Hello @mkajdan 

Better than a long explanation, I registered for you a movie (with sound) to explain why Bulk Items are sometimes selected upon graphical selection in Creo Parametric assemblies.

Despite of the fact Creo Parametric is behaving as expected here, I neverheless agree it would be good to grant (already per default) or deny (currently not possible) selection of Bulk Items during graphical selections in assemblies:

• independetly from Model Size of the given assembly
  • and wherever the box is sketched.

Related to this requirement, due to the fact that system currently behaves according to our specifications, this point:

Regards,

Serge

mkajdan
14-Alexandrite
(To:sacquarone)

Thank you for your response and video.  In your video, all of your 2d box selections are from left to right which requires a target model or assembly to be completely inside the box.  The issue I ran into involves a 2d box selection from right to left which only requires me have a small portion of the target model inside the box.  I created a simple assembly based on your movie with a box and a bulk item.

Doing a 2d box from right to left and catching just the upper right corner, I only select the box.

mkajdan_0-1644587748398.png

mkajdan_5-1644588005914.png

Doing a 2d box from right to left and catching just the lower right corner, I select the box and the bulk item.

mkajdan_2-1644587876646.pngmkajdan_3-1644587913778.png

I understand your example using left to right box selection but I do not understand the results for a 2d box from right to left only selecting a portion of the same target in two different areas and getting different results.  Thank you again for your time.

Mike

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:sacquarone)

@sacquarone,

Just to clarify, are you saying all bulk items are always exactly the same size as the assembly's bounding box?

Top Tags