cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Session ID's

danjdial
1-Newbie

Session ID's

Folks,

I seem to remember, ages ago, discouraging folks from using Session IDs in relations, drawing notes, and tables because (again if I remember correctly) Pro/ENGINEER had a tendency to lose track of the IDs and one would experience all kinds of weird anomalies. I was almost certain the alternative had to do with Assembly Component ID’s, but I haven’t been able to make them work.

Does anyone else out there know how to access the value of a parameter of a part that is in an assembly without using session ID’s? Am I just imagining that I used to do this all the time?

Sincerely,

Dan J. Dial 314 378 5922

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
dgallup
4-Participant
(To:danjdial)

I've never heard of anyone having problems using session ID's. The session ID itself is only temporary as they are assigned in each session in the order parts & assemblies are retrieved but Pro/E keeps track of every thing internally. I suspect if someone had a problem it was because they wrote down the session ID's from one session and tried to use the same values in the next session, not realizing they could be different.

Top Tags