cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Setting a layer rule for all components that are "hidden"

KrisR
1-Newbie

Setting a layer rule for all components that are "hidden"

I looked at the layer rules and didn't see for what I was looking.

I want to set up a layer where all hidden components, be it a part or an assembly, reside. The reason I want to do this, is at the end of creating an assembly, I want to "unhide" everything I've hidden in order to get everything assembled. I don't want to have to seartch through the tree and drill through sub-assys to find the hidden culprits.

Is there a way to do this? Please advise and thanks for your help!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kris...

Do you mean something simple like View->Visibility->Unhide All? Or are you after something more complex?

Your top level assembly model should automatically have a layer called Hidden Items which contains all objects that have ever been hidden.

layer_hidden.png

Then again maybe I'm just not understanding what you're after. Can you explain a bit more... I'll try not to be so dense!

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Kris...

Do you mean something simple like View->Visibility->Unhide All? Or are you after something more complex?

Your top level assembly model should automatically have a layer called Hidden Items which contains all objects that have ever been hidden.

layer_hidden.png

Then again maybe I'm just not understanding what you're after. Can you explain a bit more... I'll try not to be so dense!

Thanks!

-Brian

i did not know about View->Visibility->Unhide All. That's a goodie!

I did now see that there is a hidden items rule, but I notice that you cannot right click->unhide with it.

But View->Visibility->Unhide All should do the trick!

You can right-click and Unhide from the Hidden items section of the layer menu provided you have the access rights to modify the object you're working on. If you have Pro/INTRALINK or Windchill, you have to have the model checked out or at least set to "continue" to be able to right-click and Unhide.

That may or may not be the issue... it gave me a hard time for a moment but then it started working. Maybe there's a glitch in there somewhere.

Anyway... good luck!

-Brian

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:KrisR)

You can even do a "Save Status" to save the visibilities.

Create a Layer and right Click and hide what ever you want. You can do this in Dwg mode and hide Surfaces also.

Top Tags